Friday, November 2, 2007

This Week’s Prediction: Time for Revenge

OK, feel free to criticize me as I’ve picked the Steelers every week so far. When looking at the preseason schedule, I had them at 5-2 at this point with losses to Denver and Cincinnati. But as the season went on, I thought they were the better team going into every game. Yes, they lost to Arizona and a Denver, so my predictions are not perfect. I can’t make any excuses either for those losses as I don’t make any team decisions. As an outsider though, it appears as though the team was not as well prepared for those games. I think that Tomlin does a great job of getting this team ready to play, but those two games were breakdowns for whatever reason.

My final preseason prediction had the Steelers at 10-11 wins and challenging for the division title. They are still on that pace coming into the halfway point. With a win against Baltimore, they will be well positioned to win the division.

There will be no breakdown this week. The Steelers are going to be well prepared for the Ravens. After what happened last season in the two embarrassing games against Baltimore, the Steelers will be ready. In fact, they are the better team on both sides of the ball this year. Will this game be a lopsided Steelers’ win? No way. It will be a typical trash-talking, slugfest between two teams that hate each other. Joey Porter isn’t here to stir the pot, but that won’t matter.

My prediction: Steelers 23 Ravens 13

Some key stat projections:

Roethlisberger: 180 yards, 1 TDs, 1 INT

Parker: 105 rush yards, 2 rec 10 yards

Davenport: 30 rush yards, 2 rec 10 yards, 1 rush TD

Ward: 6 rec 60 yardsHolmes: 4 rec 60 yards

Miller: 4 rec 30 yards, 1 TD

Defense: 3 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 2 INTs

No comments: